Sat, Aug 05|
Domestic Spirits with Mimi Young
Available as an individual ticket, part of the Saturday Day Pass or General Admission Ticket.
Time & Location
Aug 05, 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM EDT
About the event
Every home contains not only humans, but also spirits. These spirits may be visiting ancestors, but most likely, spirit beings of the home itself that are connected with the material of the building, the furniture, charms, prayers, activities and other practices held within the home, and their existence is alongside ours. Domestic spirits are friendly and helpful, though from time to time, can also be mischievous. We can learn to invite, welcome, decipher/interpret, and befriend these beings as an animist’s practice of honouring land, space, and ancient wisdom traditions. We can also take intentional steps to do these as a way to centre Nature’s ways and non-human intelligence, and as a result, experience deep healing, a reigniting of joy and imagination, and a restoration of truly collaborative living. Join Mimi Young, animist spirit communicator for this course.
In this class we will discuss:
- What household spirits are
- How they manifest in our homes
- Domestic spirit roles / duties
- What it means when things go missing or are mysteriously moved around
- The importance of doors and the hearth
- Basics of Feng Shui
- Evoking / summoning beneficent domestic spirits
- Activities / practices that honour domestic spirits
- Household spirits mentioned in myth, lore, fairy tales and what we can learn from them
For the purpose of keeping the topic solely on household spirits (a large category in it of itself), this course will not be discussing hauntings and disturbed spirits.